Honey’s often thought of as a healthier sweetener, but you might be surprised to learn that this ingredient has tons of benefits along with skin and hair benefits, too. Made by the alchemy of bees collecting nectar, pollen, and resins from flowers, honey can help moisturize, fight aging, and fight bacteria. Plus, it’s loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, and healing compounds.
- Honey has been proven to be a natural throat soother.
- Honey’s unique blend of natural sweeteners gives it the ability to provide quick energy in any circumstance.
- Honey is also antibacterial. When used in wound care, it seals out bacteria and helps to speed healing.
- Honey is a fantastic moisturizer, especially on dry patches, like elbows or hands. Honey also makes a great lip balm!
- Honey has been used as a natural remedy for centuries to treat several ailments. It has been an all-time favorite of nutritionists, dietitians as well as naturopaths.
|Uses of Honey||Method of Application|
|Dressing for burns, cuts and wounds||Clean the cuts and wounds with lukewarm water and then apply pure unheated honey on affected area.|
|Colds, coughs and ticklish throat||Add two tablespoons of honey, a lemon and ginger juice in a cup of hot milk and drink it before going to bed or Add two tablespoons of honey, a lemon and peg of whisky in hot water and drink it as nightcap or Add two tablespoons of honey, one of lemon, a tablespoon of glycerin and if possible 2-3 drops of menthol and eucalyptus oil to a glass of hot water and drink it.|
|Sore and irritated throats||Mix on quart of water, 125 gm honey and 25 gm alum and gargle. Try it for 2-3 days.|
|Hay fever, breathing problems, nasal and sinus complaints||Eat raw honey daily. During infection chew honeycomb for fifteen minutes like chewing gum and throw away whatever remains in your mouth.|
|Eye infection||Wash your hands and eyes with boiled clean water and then put a drop of pure filtered diluted honey into your eyes.|
|Mouth thrush and other infection||Use paste made of 1 part of borax, ½ part of glycerin and 8 parts of honey.|
|Diarrhea and gastroenteritis||Take two tablespoons of honey a day regularly.|
|Liver disorder||Drink honey and lemon tea regularly.|
|Rough skin and chaps on hands and face||Apply equal parts of honey and glycerin mixed together.|
|Dry hands||Apply the paste made of the white of an egg, a teaspoonful of glycerin and an ounce of honey.|
|Face cream||Make a paste of two parts of honey and one part of gram flour and apply it in your face.|
|Weak digestion||Eat honey with raw fruits. Honey promotes the correct working of the digestive organs and acts as a natural laxative.|
|Stomach ulcer||Take two spoonfuls of honey daily with your breakfast or before having breakfast.|
|Child birthing||To ease child birthing eat 2-3 spoonful of honey. It gives fast energy required for that time.|
|Urinary problems||Eat 3 tablespoons of honey everyday and drink as much water as you can.|
|High blood pressure||Before having breakfast drink a glass of lukewarm mixed with 2 tablespoons of honey and one of lemon daily. Honey helps to dissolve cholesterol and increases the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.|
Multifarious benefit of Honey:
Honey is natural gift to mankind and its daily consumption will fulfill complete essential nutrition to our body and also increases resistance power, along with it, honey has following benefits.
1. It helps in digesting system and cures intestine related disease like ulcer, gastric along with diarrhea and also protect from cold.
2. Improve eye vision and control sore throat, tonsil etc. disease.
3. Energize feeble and old aged people and also reserve energy in their bodies.
4. It is good for relief from dry cough and cold, bile (acidity), coughing, asthma, hiccup, dysentery, hearth attack, blood pressure and etc disease.
5. Prevent from teeth, gum, nerves and blood related diseases.
6. Control abdomen pain during the menstruation period of women.
7. Increase Sperm, sexual vitality and also increase memory power.
8. Help to make the skeleton strong, stout and attractive of children and aged people.
9. Daily twice a day (morning and evening) washing face with honey will remove impurities, moisturize soft skin, and develop healthy glow and attractiveness.
10. Regular honey consumption along with regular bath with a spoon of honey will grow long, shining and silky hair.
11. Sportsmen consume honey for instant vitality and for good energy reserve.
12. Honey can be consumed daily in any season whose age is above one.